We are so thankful for everyone who contributed as a guest blogger this year. We hope that by taking a look at each of these strengths through an individual’s lens, your eyes were opened to the diverse ways each of these talent themes manifest. I think we can often put strengths in a “box”, saying, Communication looks this way or Strategic looks that way, etc. We get stuck in this rut of talking about the strengths, rather than letting the strengths talk for themselves. This year, by allowing unique perspectives on each of the strengths, we aimed to let the strengths speak- to see how they each show up in unique ways, based on a person’s other themes, life experiences, generation, and more.
Despite being at the end of this year’s “A Look at” series, I want to encourage you to continue to allow space in your life for your strengths, and the strengths of those around you, to break out of the box you’ve put them in. As we head into this new season, here are a few questions to ponder. Discuss them with a friend, journal them by yourself, or contemplate them in your mind.
- What is something you have done recently that you are proud of? Which of your themes contributed to this?
- How have each of my strengths matured over the last school year?
- What is the best way you receive support from others?
- Which of your strengths could you not live without?
- Describe a recent challenge or stressor in your life. How were your strengths a detriment to the situation? How were they an advantage?
- Are there any of your top 5 you struggle “owning”? Why is that? What could you do to help you gain more ownership?
- When was the last time you recognized and named a strength in someone else?
Want to dive even deeper in your strengths journey? Check out our video blog, Genn & Mille and subscribe to our YouTube channel for conversations and activities around strengths, mentoring, and generational differences.