Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Achiever: Fulfillment from Accomplishment



People exceptionally talented in the Achiever theme work hard and possess a great deal of stamina. They take immense satisfaction in being busy and productive.
Clifton StrengthsFinder

We are excited to hear from Stephanie Pravecek about Achiever this week. Steph is the Events Coordinator for TeamMates and leads with Achiever, Responsibility, Discipline, Consistency, and Relator.

People with high Achiever are hard workers, list makers, and doers. It is very difficult for Achievers to take a break when there is a task at hand that needs to be completed.  Once one task is complete it is on to the next and then the next. Achievers set out each day to accomplish at least one task but, there is much more fulfillment when multiple things are crossed off the “to-do” list for the day. This does include weekends and vacations, as REST or RELAX are not words you often hear in the vocabulary of an Achiever.

As a guest blogger this week, I am going to put more of a personal tone to this piece, as Achiever is my number one strength. Making list and being able to cross things off is the most satisfying thing that I do every day. This is something that I have done for as long as I can remember. In my assignment notebooks, there would be a list of what I need to get done for not only school, but chores, goals, and even little reminders. Even on the weekends I will create a list of what needs to get done; whether it is on a sticky note, in a notebook, or on the back on an envelope, some kind of list is made. Gallup states that Achievers don’t rest and I can attest to that it is very true! Achievers strive for a challenge and push themselves as far as they can go. This could be in the classroom, in a career, in relationships, as an athlete, household chores; wherever a goal can be set, Achievers will try to go to the next level.

People say the reward for hard is more work. As an Achiever, it is important to remember that you don’t have to be a super hero and get everything done. At times I feel like a super human or an energizer bunny that keeps going and going. I need to remind myself from time to time that it is okay to say no to someone and it is okay to ask for help. Hopefully other Achievers out there can relate or have figured it out early on to rest, relax, say no, and ask for help.

Other strengths that help my Achiever shine are Responsibility, Consistency, and Focus.  The blend of Achiever and Responsibility ensure that when I say I am going to do something, I get it done in the time frame that is required or even ahead of schedule. Consistency is me making a daily list and using repetitive habits that work well to achieve the task at hand. Focus helps me zero in and block out the noise to attack what I need to get done. There are times when I am zeroed in and I don’t realize what time it is or that I have yet to eat.

Achiever is one of the most popular strengths not only in TeamMates, but within Gallup Strengths itself. I hope for anyone with Achiever can find some relativity in this and if it’s in your top five, then I helped give some insight from an Achiever. (See Achievers are always trying to achieve J) Thank you for reading as myself and the rest of TeamMates greatly appreciates you.

Take Care!

~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment